Skip to main content

Sign Up Now for Grumpy Pirate Summer Camps!


Now OPEN for registration
Grumpy Pirate Summer Camps 2012
with Eleanor Scott







Five days a week 9:15-2pm
$400 per week(sliding scale and scholarships available)
location in Richmond district of SF TBA

July 9-July 13 Art and Story Camp for grades K-2
July 16-20 Art and Story Camp for grades 3-5
July 23-27 Star Wars Camp grades K-3
July 30-August 3 Story Camp for grades 4-6


**Also availableHost a story/ art or Star Wars camp in your home!
write Eleanor at elscott20@yahoo.com for more information.

**And ask about our birthday parties! Dates still available for spring and summer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Clean Slate Parenting 1 3/2/16 We begin. The art of clean slate parenting. The other day my son, AndrĂ©, who is nearly 10 years old, and I were talking about growth mindset vs fixed mindset. (Many thanks to Carol Dweck for her visionary book, “Mindset”.)  I asked if he felt like he had a fixed mindset for any of his subjects in school. Because, I told  him, I had a fixed mindset about other things (housekeeping, some yoga poses, zumba, earning money ) and I had a growth mindset about some things (parenting, sculpture, meditation, performing).  We agreed that some parts of our life are bathed in the light of growth mindset and that  some parts that were clamped down by a fixed mindset. If you have a growth mindset, you see failures as opportunities  to learn and grow as opposed to final judgments about your character. If you have a fixed mindset, when you fail you have proved to the world that you are a sham and not worth anything. ...

Celebrate the Year of the Dragon! Commission a personalized dragon painting and story!

Celebrate the Year of the Dragon! Commission a personalized Dragon story and dragon portrait featuring your kids as the noble dragons! Eleanor will interview you about your children's interests and personalities and she will create a dragon story and portrait completely unique to your family. For more information and prices, contact Eleanor at elscott20@yahoo.com ( Note: for information on Grumpy Pirates Summer Camps 2012 scroll to the next post .) Dragon story excerpt: from "Kiran meets Graham, Ash and Noel, the dragon brothers" “Kiran. Cool name,” Graham said flying closer, “How come you don’t know about greedy dragons? And burning fire and stuff?” “I don’t know. I was raised by humans…so, they didn’t know as much about…” “HUMANS?” Ash and Noel shouted together. “Those tiny, teeny creatures?” Noel said. “And they can’t even fly, right? They don’t have any wings, right?” Ash said. “And they are so, so tiny, small,” Noel ...

Ah Parenthood. The happy moments, the milestones, and...the Meltdowns! Offered this Spring! Grumpy PARENTS Story Camp. Six evening classes.

The Joys of parenthood and the wisdom gleaned from this magical experience are limitless. Seriously. There is no end to what can be learned, celebrated, laughed at and puzzled over when raising children. While I am grateful for this opportunity for 'character building' 24/7, I have had to dig deep and figure out tricks in order to (1) remember when my child made the huge developmental leaps, (2) stay coherent and productive when I am so tired I can't remember my name or where I put the clean laundry, (3) help my child through some of the tough and morally craggy lessons with custom made stories, and (4) laugh and myself and MOVE ON. I have been teaching kids( through art, theater, French, English) about the importance of stories, communication and finding their voice but then, one day, I had a brainstorm to work with YOU, the parents, on those ideas. Because, as earlier stated, the stories about our kids and families are endless. **Grumpy Parents Story Camp** Here i...